Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic

182/180 conversion parts

User is offline   Cherokeeavmar 

• Founder
  • Pip
  • Group: Registered Member
  • Aircraft Flown:Cessna 180,L-4, Yak-50,J-3,Chiefs,Pitts,T-craft
Looking for main gear Boxes and all the tail assy . Plus like to know who holds the STC for doing one. I own a 1959 Cessna 182 and converting it to a 180. Any comments would help

User is offline   DangerousDan 

• Founder
  • Pip
  • Aircraft Flown:Beech 18, NA T6, Stearman, Ryan PT-22, Ag Cat, Pawnee, Luscombe, Cessnas, Cubs, etc.
Howdy,
Doing the same with a '58 172. Don't know if they do the same for the 182's, but there's 3 172 converters that I've found. Fravel, Bolen, and Bush. I'm just now looking them up. They aren't easy to find, except for Bush, whom doesn't return my calls.
Start hounding the parts yards, I'm having a hard time finding 170's that aren't stripped of their gear boxes already!
It does look to be a very easy conversion..

Guest_Guest_Gary_*_*

• Group: Guests
QUOTE(DangerousDan @ Apr 4 2006, 10:48 PM) View Post

Howdy,
Doing the same with a '58 172. Don't know if they do the same for the 182's, but there's 3 172 converters that I've found. Fravel, Bolen, and Bush. I'm just now looking them up. They aren't easy to find, except for Bush, whom doesn't return my calls.
Start hounding the parts yards, I'm having a hard time finding 170's that aren't stripped of their gear boxes already!

Talked with Fravel and he would like to sale his STC ..was his Dad's . Still looking for the Stc for My 1959 182..thinking about just doing a one time STC to change to tailwheel.

User is offline   sillsaviation 

• Founder
  • Pip
  • Aircraft Flown:Cessna 140 , Globe Swift , J3 Cub , Bellance Cruiseair/ Cruisemaster , Champ, Chief, Aircamper,
QUOTE(DangerousDan @ Apr 4 2006, 11:48 PM) View Post

Howdy,

STC SA355NW Baer's Flying Service . Satra Aircraft Route 1 Box 93E , Ronan, Montana 59864 "Modification Procedure Cessna 182 to 182TW Conversion.
This is by Keefer Aircraft Engineering , 11457 Glendale Way, Seattle Wa. 98168

I am completing a conversion in the next month , this was a wheels up restoration so I don't have an accurate hands on time to give. It is not an easy conversion if you are not a professional.
Parts are available from Cessna for the bulkheads and doublers . Skywagon City in Ontario is a good source for some parts. Peter is a alot of help there. I bought a tail cone off a 188 and used the bellcranks and pulley brackets along with the tail wheel mounting parts. I bought a new skin from Cessna $525. , made the job alot easier and cleaner . Cable kit from McFarlane Aviation and had them subsitute 180 rudder cables and add the 180 tailwheel steering cables and aft rudder cables. Everything hooked up and rigged fine. I have alot of pictures , email me and I will send some or a link to my websight.

User is offline   lancef53 

• Founder
  • Pip
There was a 182-180 stc advertised in the early August issue of trade a plane, I believe it was out of Kalispell, MT. Does anybody have any experience with this one?

User is offline   Lowflybye 

• Founder
  • Pip
  • Interests:Flying, Fishing, Hunting, Talking about Flying
  • Aircraft Flown:J-3 Cub / PA18A-150 Super Cub / PT-17 Stearman / Maule MX-7-180 / SNJ-5 "Felix" / SNJ-6 "Blue" / SNJ-6 "Frostbite"
QUOTE(lancef53 @ Sep 4 2006, 11:10 AM) View Post

There was a 182-180 stc advertised in the early August issue of trade a plane, I believe it was out of Kalispell, MT. Does anybody have any experience with this one?

There is a fellow in Texas by the name of Robert Gould that has been doing these conversions for years. He converts one or two a year and would be a good person to answer your questions. His number is (806)995-3674 or try him at (918) 464-2914.

Will Dawson is another person to try if you are looking for parts. Will has an aircraft salvage business and has tons of parts in his inventory. Will is located in Clinton, AR and he can be reached at (877) 293-5300. His website is http://www.aircraftpartsandsalvage.com

Tell Will that Chris Davis sent you his way.

-Low

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users